As the saying goes...

Was ist wichtig im Leben ist Leben, und nicht das Ergebnis des Lebens.
What is important in life is life, and not the result of life.

- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Sunday, July 11, 2010

The First Few German Nouns I Learned (Part 3 - Die)

Part 3 (Feminine Nouns)

die Tafel - die Tafeln

die Tasche - die Taschen

die Lampe - die Lampen

die Kreide - die Kreiden

die Schule - die Schulen
(The UP School of Statistics, my former home)

die Tasse - die Tassen

die Gruppe - die Gruppen

die Frage - die Fragen
und
die Antwort - die Antworten

die Frau - die Frauen

die Polizei - die Polizeien

die Lehrerin - die Lehrerinen

die Tür - die Türen

die Uhr - die Uhren

die Erdbeere - die Erdbeereen

die Bank - die Bänke

die Stadt - die Städte

---------------------------------------------
I noticed some things. This may just be some coincidences among the nouns whose images I was able to find online. I'll say it, anyway.

There are less masculine nouns whose plural forms are of the forms ~(n)en and ~(ä/ö/ü)~er. There are less neutral nouns whose plural forms are of the forms ~n, ~(n)en and ~(ä/ö/ü)~e. There are less feminine nouns whose plural forms are of the forms --, ~s, ~e and ~(ä/ö/ü)~er

No assumptions intended.

3 comments:

  1. You're starting to notice patterns. Very good. Now, to verify suspicions, yes? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a good post. This post gives truly quality information. I’m definitely going to look into it. Really very useful tips are provided here. Thank you so much. Keep up the good works.
    I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don’t know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog, I will keep visiting this blog very often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks a lot for sharing us about this update. Hope you will not get tired on making posts as informative as this.
    Pendelleuchten

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts