As the saying goes...

Was ist wichtig im Leben ist Leben, und nicht das Ergebnis des Lebens.
What is important in life is life, and not the result of life.

- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Monday, August 9, 2010

First Post for German 11: The End Is Where We Begin

It's really hard for me to plan things because I always fail to follow them. And, it's frustrating. Besides, I can't think of anything to plan. Plus, aside from changing my eyeglasses and my sleeping habits (which is hard to do because I'm not a morning person and I'm a sociology major), I don't know what other changes I can do to further my German learning language experience.

By the way, I haven't actually visited any language forums yet. Maybe, I can start doing that. And, I happen to know a German guy. I get to climb with him most of the time. Maybe, I can talk to him in German. Well, it's a funny idea but I'll give it a try anyway. And, I'll find more German movies to watch and German songs to listen to.

However, in this post, instead of planning things, I'll just have some minor changes in this blog.

1. I'll try publishing longer posts. Posts must now be longer than this one.
2. Aside from practicing in this blog what I learned in the class, I'll also try assessing myself more. I guess that's the primary purpose of a language learning portfolio anyway.
3. Okay, I'll remove that German word of the week. It actually takes me a lot of time looking for a word (even if I have a dictionary) than looking for a song and for a saying/quotation. Besides, it doesn't really help me in learning the language. (Not to mention I have two researches going on so I badly need more time. I'm so poor when it comes to time management!!!)
4. And, I'll remove the games because one has sounds and it's distracting whenever I'm playing a song while accessing the blog.

I would like to remind myself that, for numbers 1 and 2, I said "try" because I'm "trying "not to frustrate myself more because I've been too frustrated for such a long time now. XD

German 11, here I come!

or should I say...

Here comes German 11!

1 comment:

  1. That's a good idea! I'm sure you'll be able to learn a lot from him.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts